My morning Safety Patrol post was near all of the Fun Day treats, so Mom stopped to snap a picture while she was helping to get things set up! I didn't mind flashing a quick smile since she was setting up all of the yummy refreshments that I planned on enjoying later... pop corn, cotton candy, snow cones, and soft drinks!!
The Kindergarteners were the first out in the field to compete in the Fun Day activities! The first event was the obstacle relay race, and Mrs. Reynolds cheered her class on as they finished the race ahead of the other classes!! The next event was the tug-of-war... and Dylan's class DOMINATED!! Here is a picture of Mrs. Reynolds giving her team a pep talk before they began... YOU CAN DO IT!! LET'S WIN!!
Kindergarten Fun Day CHAMPIONS!!
Brady Corcoran, Dylan, and Kooper Grant... the Three Amigos!!
Woohoo!! A quick trip down the super slide!!
Last stop... snow cone stand!!
A quick hug for Mom before going back to class! Dylan and his friends went to lunch and then enjoyed a "movie theater" afternoon... complete with popcorn and coke!! He said that his first Fun Day at Langham was a blast!!
When I got out to the field I was ready to compete!! I hoped that the 3rd grade white team would do as well as Dylan and the Kindergarten white team! I started the race for my team and got a quick lead!!
Unfortunately, we did not finish first in the relay; so we moved on to the water relay! We were steady and moved quick, but that wasn't enough... we didn't win that relay either. I was feeling like that might be a trend, but I stayed confident as we entered the tug-of-war!
We pulled with all of our might, but no luck!! We just didn't have the strength to out-pull ANY of the other teams. Whew... Dylan's team couldn't lose and mine couldn't win!
Walking over to enjoy the refreshments with a few of my classmates - Joey Hebert, Jonah Culver, Mason Hollyfield, and Camden Smith
We worked up an appetite in the heat, so we were really happy to enjoy a nacho and ice cream sundae picnic!!

After lunch, we made a 3rd grade share circle. Our teachers wanted to hear our favorite part of the school year... I surprised myself when I answered MATH!! Mrs. Smith loves to teach math, and for me, she made math logical and fun!!

For the last part of the day, my class was able to return to the field to assist as the 4th graders as they competed in the Fun Day events! It is the responsibility of the 4th graders to help the coaches set up the games, and to assist the other grade levels throughout the day; but when the day is done it is time for the 3rd graders to clear the field until next year... and then WE will be the 4th graders helping the coaches with Fun Day!!

Only one more day in Mrs. Smith's class... I sure will miss her!!

No comments:
Post a Comment