Tuesday, May 29, 2012

3rd Grade Awards Day was a SPLASH!!

After Memorial Day, we returned to school for the last three days of the school year! It was 3rd Grade Awards Day and we were very proud of our big brother as he was recognized for his success as a 3rd grader!! The first award that he received was probably his favorite, the Physical Fitness Award. Only 18 3rd graders received the award based on their ability to complete a variety of athletic activities. We are so proud that Ryan sets a healthy, hard-working example for us as we grow as young athletes! Congratulations to Ryan as he received his award from Coach Dial and Principal Morgan!!

Ryan's teacher Mrs. Smith, along with Assistant Principal Mrs. Junot and Principal Ms. Morgan, awarded Ryan for his academic accomplishments for the year. He received a Certificate of Achievent for A Honor Roll, an Excellence in Conduct Award, and the Texas Bluebonnet Award from the Texas Library Association. He was also recognized for being awarded an Honorable Mention for Photography in the Reflections Program and for receiving the Character Award for Goal Setting and Trusworthiness.

Mrs. Smith is an amazing teacher that has really inspired Ryan to work hard, and to appreciate and love learning! Her kind, caring spirit, and her love of education were apparent in everything that she did for and with her class!! Mrs. Smith always has an encouraging word and she has truly brought out the best in Ryan as a student! She has introduced him to skills that he will carry with him throughout his educational career. Ryan's outstanding final report card grades are a reflection of all that Mrs. Smith has taught him! 96, 96, 97, 98, 98, and 99... not a bad way to move on to 4th grade!!

WONDERFUL!! FANTASTIC!! SUPER!! SPECTACULAR!! AMAZING!!

Shortly after Ryan was honored for his accomplishments, us Kindergarteners celebrated our accomplishments in a different way... with a SPLASH PARTY!! Some of our older brothers and sisters were able to help with the fun event!

Ryan with Logan Louvier [Lana's brother] and Josh Seymour [Katie's brother]

I had fun hula hooping! I was a little too shy to shake my hips, but I go the hoop spinning on my arm!!

We had a blast soaking each other in a WATER WAR!!

I liked all of the games, but my favorite splash activity was the ball toss!! I loved tossing the ball into the water bucket an splashing my partner, and I sure didn't mind getting splashed when it was my turn to hold the water bucket!! Just look at my CONCENTRATION!

SCOOOOOOORE!!

Do I have to move to the next game?!

I had lots of fun, but I think that Ryan got the best end of the deal... he and Josh were demonstrating the ball toss game to each group of Kindergarteners; so for them, the splashes just kept coming!!


Me and my good buddy Brady Corcoran!

After we finished all of the water day fun, we moved on to enjoy a little snack. As soon as we did that, we glanced over and LOOK what we saw... all of the big brothers and sisters having their own SPLASH PARTY!!


They sure are silly!!

Me and Ryan - he is athletic, smart, and is fun to be around too!!

Thank you Aunt Allie and Ryan for helping to make our splash celebration a super fun success!!

Hugs from Mommy... this day was a SPLASH from beginning to end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment