These handsome big brothers of mine dressed to impress for the daytime performance of "A Whimsical Christmas" at the Performing Arts Center! I can't wait until next year... I will be able to go on the Langham field trip to enjoy the fantastically fun Christmas show!!
Another fun Christmas event in Nederland is the lighted Christmas parade.
Reace Edgar, Cole Broussard, Dylan, Ryan, Corbin and Bailey Chandler, and Wilson
I was a little "under the weather" the night of the parade, so Daddy and I stayed warm and cozy at home while Mommy took the boys out to brave the cold! They said it was a lot of fun, but I stayed in the spirit by wearing my lighted Christmas necklace at home... and my thoughtful brothers brought home plenty of candy and parade loot to share!!
Here I am with 70 of my closest friends and our teachers in the Little Wooden Shoes Christmas card picture!! This is my very last year to be in the picture and Sawyer's very first!!
Our pajama picture was just one part of Polar Express Day! We also received a golden ticket as we headed into our very own Polar Express wonderland where we watched the Christmas classic, drank tasty hot chocolate, and heard the jingle of the bell because WE BELIEVE in the Spirit of Christmas!! Before the break, we enjoyed another fun Christmas celebration day in Pre-K... we had a Very, Merry Grinchmas!
I liked the Grinch Kabobs that we had on "Grinchmas Day" so much that I came home and asked Mommy if we could make them for Wilson's class party! She thought that was a great idea, so we made the fruity, sweet treats for the lucky Langham first graders!
I helped a little bit, but "Worker Wilson" helped Mommy from the beginning, until the last delicious Grinch Kabob was made!
Ryan even helped Wilson make a kabob or two!!
We were grinning from ear to ear on the last school day before Christmas break! We knew that it would be a fun day ahead... but more exciting than a fun day with friends was the thought of a two week break with our family!
Dylan and his classmates hosted a Christmas play! It was the story of Santa Claus being exhausted before the big day. Mrs. Claus, along with his elves and reindeer were treating Santa to a relaxing and entertaining evening so that he would be rested and ready to deliver gifts to every child before Christmas morning!
The class sang songs of Christmas joy and cheer! Dylan was a reindeer and shared a silly line to make Mr. Claus giggle, "What do you call a flamingo at the North Pole?! .... LOST!" Hahahahaha!! The play was filled with silly jokes!
Christmas elves Daelyn Kimball and Jackson Yoder with their reindeer friends Dylan and Kooper Grant! Dylan is not much for being the center of attention, but he enjoyed himself during the play and shared a smile or two after!!
Dylan with his super second grade teacher Ms. Dismukes, and Wilson with his fantastic first great teacher Mrs. Hussey! The sad but exciting news was that Mrs. Hussey would not be returning to the classroom after Christmas break. She was offered a job as a teacher educator and advisor at Lamar University. A wonderful job for her, but a great loss for her first graders. Ryan, Dylan, and Wilson were all lucky enough to be taught by Mrs. Hussey, and I just hope that her replacement will bring the same love of learning to my first grade year!!
Wilson shared his Coca Cola reindeer with his classmates. He even kidded around and gave himself reindeer antlers as he made his special Christmas deliveries!
We love our Roughrider family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment