In 1938, my great grandfather, Robert Hall, and Evan's great grandfather, James Williams, played against each other in a college football game! It was not just any college football game... it was a game played between the greatest college rivals that the great state of Texas will ever know... Texas A&M University and the University of Texas. The score of the game was 7 UT - 6 A&M, but for us the outcome was so much bigger than the score! We were completely amazed as the story unfolded....
Evan's Oma found the original program from the 1938 game!
As we studied the football program, we learned that both of our great grandfathers wore the number 37! We were very surprised and excited that our grandmothers had a jersey made to commemorate this amazing coincidence... or as I prefer to think of it, just another reason that God placed Evan and I into each other's lives' as friends!
We proudly wore their number...
...and their name!
Thank you Nana and Oma for sharing this wonderful piece of history with us!
I am pretty sure that a new friendship has been formed in Heaven!!
No comments:
Post a Comment