Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Soccer Camp

Monday was day one of  the four day Nederland Soccer Camp.  We missed Monday since we were traveling home, so on Tuesday morning The Bell Boy Soccer Club was ready to go!!  Peyton wasn't signed up for camp, but he wanted to dress the part!  When we got to camp, Coach Keith said that he looked like he could handle it, so he got to stay.  Nederland Soccer Camp was Peyton's first official summer sports camp and boy did he have fun!

Wednesday and Thursday were just as fun!  It was super hot, but we all had a great time getting back into the the groove on the soccer field! 


Mom came out to Dornbos Park to watch on Thursday.  I had already worked up a sweat by the time she got there!! I must admit that I wasn't very excited about soccer camp at first.  I have decided that I am not going to play soccer this fall, so I didn't think that it was necessary to go to camp.  Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the soccer drills and games at camp! I will not be sitting out from sports this fall, but I have decided to continue playing Gladiator Baseball instead of soccer.  I had so much fun this baseball season that I am not ready for another sport just yet!


Peyton had so much fun playing with his buddies Logan Corcoran and Fletcher Berry!

Peyton was the youngest kid at camp, but he sure wasn't scared to get out there and kick around with the bigger boys!  He won't play in the soccer league until Fall 2013... and he will be READY!!

Wilson had his game face on!!  He is a super soccer player and did a great job at camp.

Whew!  All of this running in the hot sun can sure wear a boy out!!  Don't let this big yawn fool you, just moments after Mom snapped this photo, Peyton was the shark in the 'Sharks and Minnows' game and snatched Wilson's ball with his hands and threw it out of the ocean!  It is against the rules to use your hands, but Peyton just couldn't resist getting his big brother out!!  Wilson had the last laugh because he ran at Peyton and tackled him to the ground.  It was quite a sight!!  When we asked Wilson if he tackled Peyton, Wilson responded "I was just trying to give him a hug!"  HAHAHA... we all knew that wasn't true, but hopefully Peyton learned the lesson that we don't use our hands in soccer!!


Wilson driving toward the GOAL!


Ryan in goal!


The Bell Boys with all of the Nederland soccer campers!

Corbin, Cooper, Evan, Ryan, and Payne

woooooaaaah!!

Wilson and Peyton with soccer beauties Bailey Chandler and Ava Whitehead!!

After soccer in the super hot sun, we really loved jumping into the swimming pool and playing around to cool off!!


Cannon BALL!  Soccer camp ended with a SPLASH!!


Friday was Cowboy Day in the Twos Class at Little Wooden Shoes and this little cowboy was ready to go!



Peyton liked the real cowboy hat, but he LOVED his Woody hat most of all!! YEEHAW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment