Friday, July 20, 2012

Goal-Keeping, Baseball-Playing Summer Days!!

We didn't think it could rain any more this summer, but Monday brought more rain.  That didn't stop us from playing a little soccer!!  Monday began a three day Goalie/Striker Camp at Doornbos Park... Corbin and Payne went to striker training; and Evan and I went to goalie training!  We all had a wild and wet day!!

While I was at soccer camp, Dylan was in sunny Beaumont swinging his golf clubs at the driving range!  In this picture, his golf swing looks a little like his baseball swing, but Nana took video of him swinging and he has a really good, very strong golf swing!!

Monday was a special day for Peyton at Little Wooden Shoes because he moved from the Twos Class into the Preschool Class.  He will officially begin his "Preschool Year" on August 27, but Aunt Allie is the Preschool teacher and was ready for him to join her bunch!!  He knows the months of the year and days of the week, how to spell his name, he is great at counting, he knows his colors and shapes, and he even recognizes letters of the alphabet... we are just hoping that he remembers to sit in his chair and listen to his teachers like a big preschool boy!!  He had a great first day and we are hoping for a super fun learning year with Aunt Allie!!

Goal Keeper camp day two... MORE RAIN!!  I came home soaked to the bone after jumping and diving in every puddle!  I think that would have been a much more exciting picture to post, but Mom only got these pictures of me before camp!!

With my little brothers!!  Notice that Dylan is missing from the early morning picture... that is because he is sleeping in this week - no camps or big plans, just catching a little extra rest during the summertime!! 

Tuesday night baseball practice at Ford Park... I was Roughrider Ready!!  It was our last Ford Park practice of the season.  We had a good defensive practice and are feeling ready for our final tournament of 2012!!

Apparently things got a little silly while I was away at baseball practice!  Look at Peyton wearing his catcher's knees, sitting in a bucket of baseballs... I am not sure what he was thinking, but he looks like he was having a good time!!

Here is silly Wilson riding his scooter wearing sunglasses and a party hat!!  I guess there is always something to celebrate when it is summer!!

Third and final day of Goalie Camp and I am ready to go... the littles are ready for Little Wooden Shoes!

Mom came out to the camp for a bit to watch as we played games.  It was Strikers v. Goal Keepers and we had to work hard to keep our winning record!!


Sometimes I had to DIVE for the save!!

I made the final SAVE!!  Goalies WIN!!

WHEW! It sure was hot on Wednesday... so hot that I felt almost as wet as I did on the rain days!!

Nothing says "hot summer day" better than a lemonade stand!! We had a great day selling lemonade to passers by in Evan's neighborhood.  Everyone that bought lemonade was so generous and told us that we could keep the change!  I told Mom that we should have a lemonade stand at home... the boys would have a blast!!

On Thursday, Mom let Dylan and Wilson each invite a friend over to play since I am usually the one who gets to play with friends in the summer. They had lots of fun with their buddies!! Dylan and Jake entertained themselves by playing army inside and out!!

Wilson and Parker let Peyton join in on their playtime!

Peyton had a blast bouncing with the big boys!!


A little time inside to play super heroes and army!!

Here I am defending myself with a sword... I felt like I could have used another weapon fighting against such a large crowd!  Despite the fact that I was totally outnumbered, I had a great time playing with this bunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment