Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Sports Camps

I was so excited to go to my very first sports camp last week! Not only was I thrilled to go to soccer camp, I was over the top excited about my new soccer ball!! Daddy took me to Academy on Sunday to pick out MY VERY OWN soccer ball :) I am usually dressed from head to toe in hand-me-downs from my big brothers (I happen to be dressed in their used-to-be clothes that are now mine in the picture below)... during baseball season, I even used Ryan's old glove; but before soccer camp, I got a ball that I can call MINE!! Thank you, Daddy - I LOVE it!! I am definitely not complaining about the clothes sharing, I was just super excited to have sports equipment of my own :)

Dyland and I had a great time at camp on Monday! I had so much fun doing soccer drills- I felt like such a big kid! Day 2 of soccer camp... rainout :( All of the adults were happy for the rain since it hasn't rained in so long, but I was not so happy since camp was rained out for the rest of the week. The good news is that we get to make it up in July!!

Ryan went to Lamar Cardinal Pitching Camp, and his camp was not rained out since they were able to move the camp indoors when it rained. He said he had fun pitching and was proud to wear Daddy's old LU baseball cap to camp!!


A funny little story... Mommy and Daddy were going out to eat with friends on Friday night, and Mommy asked Ryan if he would take a picture of them before they left. Before Ryan could get out of his seat to take the picture, Dylan and I were sitting "picture-ready" on the hearth of the fireplace where we usually take pictures together. Mommy and Daddy laughed and joined us all on the fireplace for a family photo (using the camera timer) since it is SOOOO unusual that we all jump up willingly to get into a picture pose and smile when Mommy asks. Here is our fun and full-of-smiles family photo!!


We do not have as many "scheduled events" next week as we did last week, but we will enjoy another week of sunny summertime :) Happy summer to you -Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment