Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Soccer Camp and Silly School Days

We enjoyed a weekend at home playing (and relaxing from our week away) so that we would be ready for Summer Soccer Camp first thing on Monday Morning!  I was actually just along for the ride... Ryan and Wilson were the only Bell Boys to participate in the Goalkeeper/Striker Skills Camp, but I had to dress the part (in a football jersey, soccer socks, and cleats... don't I look like a soccer star?!)!
 
We were happy to be greeted with hugs from our traveling partners Bailey and Corbin Chandler as soon as we arrived!!
 
 
Corbin, Ryan, and Cooper were ready to KICK IT!
 
Tuesday was a big day for me... I had been waiting for a "spike" haircut since I was THREE years old!  Mom asked me to wait until I turned four to get a big haircut, and then she actually made me wait until I was four years and six months old for the big cut!!  It was worth the wait.  I was so proud of my new big boy "spikey" hair!
 
 
No picture of me is just ONE picture... look at all of these fun photos that I LET Mom take of me before and after my haircut!!
 

 
 

 
 
My favorite picture of them all is this one with my bubba Wilson! 
He is the inspiration for my spike!!
 
 
Wednesday was soccer again for Ryan and Wilson...
...and it was hat day for me at Little Wooden Shoes.  I wore my Texas Roughrider baseball cap and decided that the whole uniform would only make hat day better!!  Dylan came to Little Wooden Shoes on Wednesday and was brave enough to hold the baby gator that stopped by for a visit!!  I, on the other hand, didn't think it would be so fun to hold the alligator... when Mommy asked if I wanted to hold the gator, I quickly responded "Nah! That's okay!"  Maybe next time!!
 
 
Wilson and Ryan sported their FC Dallas gear on the last day of camp!
We got to watch them finish up their final drills on Thursday.  Wilson "hung in there" with the older strikers (the camp was for ages 9 and up).  You could only tell that he was younger than the other kids by his size, definitely not by his skill!!  Ryan switched back and forth between the striker and goalkeeper training through the week... I think he prefers goalkeeping, but a little striker training will not hurt our defensive-minded Ryan!  Here are our soccer stars with their sweet friends Ava and Evan Whitehead!!
 
 
We sure were proud of our hardworking soccer campers!
 
I finished the week at Little Wooden Shoes with Silly Sock Thursday and Crazy Hair Friday!!  Such a fun ending to a fun summer week!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment