This soccer season has been a blast! I moved from Gusher United in Beaumont to the U11 Division II Gulf Coast United Team. I have really had a great time playing with so many of my Nederland friends; Dylan Romero, Landon Broussard, Jonah Culver, Preston Johnson, and Joey Hebert!
There are not a lot of Division II soccer teams in the area, so we played in the U12 recreational division. I really enjoy playing in goal and I got to do that occasionally, but my love for "field play" grew this season as I was able to play fullback AND forward in most games! I had the opportunity to defend the goal, make saves on the field, assist in scoring goals, and I even scored quite a few myself!
This was Peyton's first soccer season and he was pretty fierce on the field! He and his Gladiator teammates loved taking the ball to the goal!
We were so proud the day that Peyton scored a hat trick!!
In another game he scored five goals...
...and in one game he scored SIX goals!!
As the season continued, Peyton tried to score goals in super star fashion! He tried to slide-kick the ball into the goal every time he came close to scoring. This method was not as effective as his beginning of the season approach of running the ball in, but the smile on his face as he made each sliding goal attempt was priceless!
This sure looked like very important team meeting with Parker Meir, Peyton, Parker Ross, Daddy, and Coach Ross!
Wilson played fullback for the U7 Sharks and he did a wonderful job keeping the ball away from the goal! He was super-fast and strong-footed on the field!
Wilson loved playing, but I think that his favorite part of soccer season was holding Sawyer while he watched Ryan and Peyton play!
Dylan didn't play soccer this season, but he was always there to support us! Between games we would find Dylan to kick around a soccer ball or pass a football.
One soggy Saturday morning, we headed to the soccer fields for three games! A sloppy, wet soccer day didn't slow Wilson down! RB scored four goals on the messy, muddy field!
Peyton had his pouty moments that morning...
...but luckily he snapped out of it and left the game smiling!
Peyton and his buddy Cole Sanches shared splashes and laughs after their game!
Other friendly matches were played on sunnier days... Wilson faced his pal Ayden Sunday, and I played against my former Gusher United teammate, Evan Whitehead!
Wind, rain, and cold weather didn't stop Dylan from cheering us on... our brother didn't miss a game!
Sweet Sawyer was also a super supporter of the Bell Boys Soccer Club this season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment