Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fun at the Festival!

Tuesday was opening day of the Heritage Festival and we were ready for some FUN! Peyton was hooked after his first ride! After finishing each ride, he immediately wanted to ride another!!
Wilson riding with his sweet friend, Madyn!
Dylan looked too cute for Mom not to make him smile for a picture! I escaped Mom's pictures by going with my friends to ride rides at the "big end" of the festival! She assured me that she would make up for that tomorrow by taking a few extras of me, and I bet she wasn't kidding... I don't love being in pictures, but if it makes Mom happy, I will smile!!

We had LOTS of fun on opening night of the festival and so did lots of other people... it was crowded! We retired before it got too crazy with hopes of another fun day on Wednesday!!
*********************

Day 2 was just as fun as the first day... and we didn't have to wait in the super long lines! We started with a ride that is fun for all ages, the Super Slide! I have always liked sliding down the giant slide, but I LOVE sliding with Peyton!!


Here we are riding the Music Express! I am in the "most squished rider" position, but look at the smiles on my brothers' faces... I guess that it is worth it!!

We ran into some friends on our way to ride the Tilt-a-Whirl [Wilson with Paxton Packman, Evan Whitehead, Cooper Slott, Corbin Chandler, me, and Brody Bennett]!



And after a spin on the Tilt-a-Whirl, we were in for a real spin on the Sizzler!! Waiting in line with Cooper, Corbin, Evan, and Brody...

Here is Wilson with another pretty girl, Ava Whitehead! Wilson has an eye for the girls already!!

If we weren't dizzy before, we are now!!

We all moved on to ride the Rockin' Tugboat with Peyton! He loved riding rides with the big boys!! And from the smiles in the picture, it looks like we had fun too!!

Bumper Cars were next for Dylan and his classmate Collier!

We were all excited that our cousin Carter joined us to ride a few rides tonight!!

The Heritage Festival wouldn't be the same without Aunt Allie! She has always been happy to ride any ride with us, from the time I was little until now with Peyton!! In fact, before the end of the festival, I may need her to try a few of the bigger rides with me!! Here she is sliding down the Fun House Slide with Peyton!!
*********************

We were a little more worn out on Thursday... being at the festival from 4:30 - 7:30 was plenty of fun for us!! Here is Dylan concentrating on his sliding technique as he slides quickly down the Monkey Maze slide!

We each rode rides with our friends tonight... there were Bell Boys all over the festival grounds! Here is a picture of Dylan and Peyton with Logan and Brady Corcoran.
The boys ran into Jackson and Slate Yoder on their riding adventures!
Stopping for a bite to eat!
Here is Peyton having a blast on the four wheeler ride!

Our time at the festival was great fun, but we were very happy to move the fun times home to enjoy the warm swimming pool and yummy smores... fun times by the pool make us a little more ready for wonderful summertime!!

Friday night brings baseball for the 9U Roughriders and 7U Gladuiators... we are ready for the season to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment