Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saturday Celebration!!

I spent my first day as a nine year old playing basketball with my friends! A morning game with my YMCA team, the Bulldogs; and an afternoon game with my Little Dribblers team, the Heat! It was another day of playing with a good friend in the morning and against him in the afternoon!! This Saturday, it was Brody Bennett... we were even positioned to cover each other in our afternoon game!


I got a little intense during the game because my team was behind from the beginning, but after the game, I put my frustration aside and was happy to congratulate Brody on a good game!

After the game, it was party time! My final birthday celebration was a sleepover with my Bulldog Basketball buddies. We had fun from beginning until the end!! We started with pizza for dinner.

Then a little more basketball! The neighbors and their friends made their way down to play for a bit.


After a while, we came inside for birthday cake and gifts...


Then we raced back outside into the very cold, dark night for a round of flashlight hide and seek! We didn't even know how cold it was until Mom called inside for the night!

More play...this time, inside the warm house! We played a little air hockey and foosball!


I couldn't hang on for the entire night, so I crashed on the couch while everyone finished the night with popcorn and a movie!


Once their heads hit the pillows, it didn't take long for the sleeping part of the sleepover to take full effect!!


We had a great time playing until we couldn't play any more, and then we woke up bright and early for Daddy's fantastic egg and waffle breakfast and more PLAY!! Nine has been wonderful so far. I am looking forward to a fun year ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment