Saturday, June 16, 2012

One cRAzY week in June!!

Last week was BY FAR the busiest week of our summer so far! We started the week bright and early on Monday morning at Vincent-Beck Stadium for the Lamar Cardinal Baseball Camp!
Here is a picture of Dylan and his friend Brady Corcoran... the boys are ready for their first summer baseball camp!  The first of many, I am sure!!
When mom picked us up at noon, Dylan said that he wanted to go to the full day camp next time... he thought he was ready for more than just three hours of baseball at a time; but before we got home, Dylan was fast asleep!!  I guess his body was worn out from a morning of hard work in the scorching sun!!

Tuesday morning we were up-and-at-it for the second day of baseball camp!  We were separated into teams that we would be on for the rest of the week.  Dylan was placed on the Astros and I was chosen to be on the Red Sox.  We each knew someone on our team and we were happy to begin another day of baseball training!!

Tuesday afternoon brought another first for Dylan... he started guitar lessons!  He has had an interest in music for a couple of years and this summer is a great time for him to put that interest to work!!

Wednesday morning... baseball camp!!  Peyton loved watching our group stretch each morning!

After completing all of the drills for the day, Dylan and his Astros teammates played a game.  Mom snapped a shot of Dylan playing a little outfield in the game!  He said that there was more action on the defense side when he was playing infield!
A big hit for big D led to an "in-the-park" homerun!!

I finished up my day in the cages... one of my favorite places to be!!

Oops!  With all of the excitement of the week, I forgot to mention that I had been going to the Nederland Little Dribblers Basketball Camp every afternoon, Monday through Wednesday!  Wednesday afternoon was the last day of camp and it was my favorite day... no drills, just games!!
The games are even fun as a spectator!
Game ON!

One last camp huddle!! 1-2-3 CAMP! 

On Wednesday night, we had a big sleepover at our house, but I am going to let Wilson tell you about that after I finish this post!  Stay tuned for some fun!!

After baseball camp on Thursday, Mom took me to the eye doctor for a vision exam.  At my annual doctor visit, I didn't do so well on the vision screening, so Dr. Worley referred me to an optometrist.  Mom didn't waste any time to schedule an appointment since she and Daddy have such poor vision!!  I don't have terrible vision, but I do have 20/25 vision and the eye doctor recommended corrective vision to see distance.
My new eyeglasses... assistance to see at a distance!!

Friday was the last day of baseball camp and probably the warmest, but it was FUN!  Here is Dylan on the sidelines waving Brady around the base path as he heads home!!
Dylan covering third base... base hit, the play is at first!
Big HIT!
Big SMILE as he rounds the bases!!

Dylan and Brady in the Lamar Cardinal dugout awaiting camp awards!

Dylan was happy to get his camp certificate and extra excited when he was named MVP of his team (after he learned what those three letters stood for)!  At first he wasn't sure what the letters MVP meant, but after I explained it to him, he thought it was a great honor!!
Here I am awaiting camp awards for my age group!
Running out as they call RYAN BELL...

I received the camp certificate and was chosen as the MVP of my team!

Dylan and I with Lamar Head Coach Jim Gilligan.  Coach Gilligan was Daddy's coach when he played for Lamar 1997-1999!

A great week of baseball (and guitar and basketball) is in the books for these Bell Boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment