Langham Singers Tour 2012
It's a holiday of joy, of peace, of giving; but for today, it's a holiday of music!!
I enjoyed traveling to a variety of locations around Nederland spreading Christmas cheer with my Langham Singers friends! Langham Singers is a fourth grade choir group; this year there are 54 members in the singing group!! Here I am with Jonah Culver, Wade Butler, Joey Hebert, and Camden Smith after our performance and Nederland City Hall!
Next stop... Nederland High School for a performance and pizza lunch!
We had a great time performing for NHS choir students! They were a great audience!!
Our next performance was at school the next day, the Thursday before Christmas Holiday! It was a busy Christmas day for us all... it was Christmas Hat Day for us at Langham, as well as Polar Express Day for Wilson (it was Polar Express Day for Peyton too, but he said that he was too cool to wear pajamas to school again... wow! that little guy is going to give us all a run for our money), and a night performance for the Langham Singers!!
Look how cute Santa Wilson is with his class and Mrs. Gregory!! I am a bit biased, but I think that Wil could quite possibly be the cutest kindergartener EVER!! He said that Polar Express Day was a blast! He loved the movie and said that the hot chocolate and cookies were yum-yum-yummy!
Thursday evening brought the final Langham Singers holiday performance! We started off with "A Holiday of Music" and then sang my personal favorite "Santa's Getting Fit for Christmas"!! "Deck the Halls" and "Blitzen's Boogie" are songs that brought a smile to my face... and I really thought about the spirit of Christmas when we sang "Will You Be Here This December?" and "An Old-Fashioned Holiday"!! It felt great to share the joy of Chrfismas with our families!!
Dylan and his friend Jackson watching the show!
The boys said that they liked the show!! They were very excited to walk onto the stage for a picture (they almost took out a fence, a snow pile, and a Christmas tree, but mom snapped the picture before any real harm was done)!!
On the way out, we noticed Wilson's name on the "Got Caught Being Good" board in the main hallway at Langham!! We were all very proud as we read that Wilson found a friend's money on the ground and returned it to his teacher! Honesty is always the best policy!
We had dinner at Sartin's Seafood to celebrate a job well done... I am so lucky to have this great family who is happy to share special occasions like this!!
It had been a busy few days and I was exhausted when it was time to wake up on Friday morning! I cuddled with my buddy Wilson in Mom and Dad's bed as long as I could!!
Santa Peyton and his happy elf Wilson quickly got dressed and ready for PARTY DAY!!
Peyton and his preschool pals had fun singing Christmas carols and exchanging gifts! [I don't believe that anyone has mentioned in a prior post because it isn't too apparent in most pictures, but in this picture you can really notice Peyton's crazy haircut right in front... he gave himself a little trim!]
Wilson and his Kindergarten friends enjoyed storytime with Santa himself!! Santa read a book about his favorite reindeer, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Some parts were silly, and some parts were scary... it was a great story!! After reading the book, Santa had a book in his bag for each kiddo... what great gift!!
Wilson enjoyed his party complete with yummy eats, ornament crafting, reindeer food making, and cookie decorating!!
He gave Mrs. Gregory a big Merry Christmas hug before heading out for the holidays!
Much to Dylan's surprise, he too enjoyed storytime with Santa Claus!!
Santa had a book for each first grader too!! Mr. C is such a thoughtful guy!!
Dylan said that the favorite part of his party was the pizza feast... with chips and queso, fruit, and he even crafted his own Rudolph cookie for dessert!! He was excited to get home to start reading the Christmas chapter book that Mrs. Hussey gave the whole class as a Christmas gift!!
Mrs. Hussey told Dylan to have tons of fun this Christmas break!!
Good food, good times, with good friends Joey Hebert, Jonah Culver, Wade Butler, Nathan Macias, and in front Camden Smith and Jacob Kotzur, at the fourth grade celebration!
I teased Mrs. Lap and tried to sneak away without a hug, but I couldn't slip through!! Mrs. Lapeyrolerie caught me on the way out and wished me a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! This holiday season has been great so far, so I can't imagine that it would be anything less than wonderful!!
WHEW!! We made it home after a day filled with PARTY from start to finish, and we are still smiling!! Let our Christmas Holiday begin!!

No comments:
Post a Comment